Tuesday 5 May 2020

The Voyage From Rock To Pendant

I have been doing a lot of cutting recently and have produced some slices with real potential. So I thought I'd give you a little insight into how these things get transformed frrom rough rock to a shiny pendant.

Here is a beautiful piece of brecciated (broken) jasper as it came off the saw.


And now I've defined a shape that I want to work with and did a rough cut of the shape with my smaller trim saw. Sorry for the lousy lighting.



Here's another really interesting cut.


So I cut a slice from one of the sides and defined these two smaller shapes that I have now rough cut.


And here's a piece I cut earlier that I am hoping will become earrings. I have done the final shape on one and now have to match the other.


So in the upcoming posts, I'll follow these pieces through their development and we'll see how they turn out.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment