Wednesday 19 January 2022

Winter Comes to Digby Neck

 Well, it had to happen. Apparently global warming doesn't know Digby Neck exists! We have had much colder weather than normal along with snow, high winds and the inevitable power outages and missing roof shingles.

But in between dealing with this:



we've been able to get a fair bit done in the studio. Vickie has been working primarily on art but also a bit of polymer clay. One of these is a real polar bear claw and the other a clever Vickie "fake" care to take a guess?


I've been doing a lot of work with reclaimed copper and some beautiful and unique components I recently purchased.







Also copied a design based on a silver spoon by creating a copper spoon using a technique called "chasing"- quite amazing actually to think how you can "move" metal.




As you can see Vickie is getting me out of my comfort zone- even getting me to embrace the beauty of oxidized copper patina.


And finally I got around to making myself a bracelet using a length of copper Viking chain.


So we are keeping busy and looking forward to getting into some exciting new areas in the near future.

And remember: It doesn't matter if the wine glass is half full or half empty as long as you have the rest of the bottle!



No comments:

Post a Comment