Monday 12 August 2019

Why I Love Cutting Rock- Edition #647

To say the least, it has been a very unusual summer.

Right now, we are getting the weather we normally get in late June and tourism reflects this. Up until about three weeks ago, we had had few visitors to The Neck but since then, it has been very, very busy.

Vickie has been in her studio most days working on what she calls "mark making"- basically experimenting with the use of various items to make paint and ink marks on paper- you know- the kind of stuff you did in kindergarten (heh,heh). But she has been able to bring me a few treasures and recently I got the time to cut a few. She has a real knack of sensing when a fairly mundane rock will look amazing on the inside and here are a few examples.


From here, I'll be cutting some slabs, defining some shapes and grinding and polishing some cabochons for next year's jewelry. Hopefully, I'll post some pics later in the fall.

I have had the pleasure of meeting some amazing people over the last little while including a very special couple from Florida. When somebody gets out of their vehicle wearing a Florida Gator t-shirt, I know I have met a kindred soul.
Cheers Earl and Rosellen! I'll be thinking of you in a few weeks when we kick off vs. Miami!
Go Gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment