Saturday 17 August 2019

Summer on The Neck

We are in an extended period of beautiful weather finally and this was the view from our deck this morning.



The great Blue Herons are still around and very often we will see one or more out there catching breakfast.

The shop has been really busy of late and I am in the process of finishing some cabochons to fill some of the empty displays.

In my last post, I showed a couple of local rocks that I had cut. Since then, I've cut some slices and Vickie has created some shapes and I have begun to finish them and I must say, it is beautiful material. The first one I did was to fit in an empty silver plate ring bezel I had. In this picture I show it in the bezel but I still have to grind a bit off the back to even it up and then I will raise it up so it sits more outside the bezel but I think you can see the beauty of this stone. It is a local plume agate and it polished like glass. I can hardly wait to work on the other pieces I have ready to go. here's the picture.


In a subsequent post, I'll take you through the whole process so you can see how a rough stone ends up as a piece of jewelry.

Cheers! And if you are in the neighbourhood, stop by and I'll be glad to show you both the store and my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment