Friday 1 June 2018

Lots of Great Stuff Happening!

New Hi-Tech blades have been installed on all 3 saws and have descended into some kind of cutting frenzy.
I will try to post more pics on the weekend but here's a little "teaser".
This is a rock that Vickie found and she wanted me to cut it. I didn't really want to because it didn't look too hot on the outside:


But here's how it came off the saw (this is why I LOVE cutting rock):


There are some really nice flames in this agate as well as pockets of fortification and the odd crystal druzy so this is going to be a lot of fun to polish up and shape into some cabochons for pendants.

I should be able to get about 4 pieces 4 cm x 3 cm and will try to post a pic of at least one finished piece.

The number of visitors is picking up and several pendants have gone to new homes this week (which is bad news for me since I have to make more and that seriously cuts into my "sit on the deck and drink a beer" time)!
Hope to see you soon.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment