Thursday 23 November 2017

Digby Neck Is Beautiful At Any Time Of The Year

There isn't a day goes by when I don't give thanks to my creator for the beauty that surrounds me.
Digby Neck is truly a unique, fascinating and beautiful place to live. And just as the tides change the landscape every time you look out the window, so does the angle of the sun. It is much lower down now so it almost acts like a spotlight at times. Here is what we saw through our window as we had coffee this morning.

Just to the left of centre you can see the sun highlighting one of the waterfalls in the red sandstone cliffs. These waterfalls pop up every time we get a lot of rain. It was so amazing that it prompted Vickie to take her new Samsung Note 8 phone and take a few more from the deck.

The upper shot was taken just a few minutes after the initial shot through the window and see how much the light has changed. The bottom shot was taken just a few seconds later using the 10 x zoom feature. And speaking of technical devices, I would like to take this opportunity to make an observation. Just as people can be divided into broad categories such as male/ female (getting blurrier of late), so they can be divided into devotees of either Samsung or Apple. Vickie, myself and my older daughter fall into the Samsung camp whereas our younger daughter, Sandra, and her family are all Apple users. Oh, we still love her but I sometimes ask myself where I went wrong...
So now it is time for indoor pursuits such as deciding how to finish a stone
and how to get the last bit of goodness out of this beautiful piece of jasper from Brazil.
Decisions, decisions...
It is a busy time of the year here. Lisa and Vickie are gearing up for the Black Friday yarn sale that starts at midnight tonight and since my large saw has been repaired, I can go back to cutting slabs. The snow tires are on the car so we are all set for the winter snows that must surely come.

No comments:

Post a Comment