Sunday 3 September 2017

My Best One Yet?

A few years ago I cut a stone that had sort of a chevron pattern in it and I thought it might make a nice pendant.
Imagine my surprise when I cut it and the chevron pattern was replaced by this:


In about 5 cms. it had become a beautiful example of fortification agate with a little druzy of quartz in the center. This is why I love cutting good quality agate because all the patterns are three dimensional. That is, they will constantly change as you go through the stone. To see this, all you have to do is hold it up to the light.


The patterns are amazingly complex and 5 cms. further in it will be totally different again. I'm just happy I cut it in this particular plane.
I am in a "cutting" phase right now so will be posting a lot of pretty pictures next week.
It's a cool grey day here on The Neck but no wind. We are keeping a close eye on Hurricane Irma which is approaching our daughter Lisa who lives in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island. From the looks of it, a lot of people are going to feel its effects and it couldn't come at a worse time for her because she's dying as much as possible to get ready for Knit City at the end of the month.
So wherever YOU are, we hope you are healthy and happy and not facing stormy days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment