Thursday 22 September 2016

More Spectacular Rock

Had a chance to work a pretty interesting piece today.


It looks like Stilbite invading basalt as it is very fibrous but it polished up much better than I thought. There are beautiful pinks and reds and it looks as if some of the original mineral has been replaced with silicate.
If you have any ideas, help me out!
Beautiful weather here right now- sunny and mild with light winds and low humidity. If only it would last a few months!
We just got a new shipment of fall weight yarn so I'll do a more extensive post on that when we have it all in inventory.
Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry. No clue. But it sure is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very nice Peter. We have the rain here back in the UK, I'll send it on to you ;)
    Thanks very much for taking the time to spend with us on our visit to the Digby neck last week and even cutting Sophie a slice of her find and giving my Jasper a polish. Think I might get into this!
    Cheers
    Emma Hipkiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent you an email, Emma. Let me know if you don't get it. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete