Friday 10 June 2016

The Verdict is In on Seawall Fibres!

We have now had our beautiful Seawall Fibres hand dyed yarn in the shop for a few weeks and it has been a real eye opener for me- a non-knitter.

Here are some actual quotes from people who have shopped in person and then posted on the Seawall Fibres board on Ravelry:

"...a yarn addict (and yarn snob). Your yarn is orgasmic!"

"I couldn't wait to get home to sit and enjoy the softness and colours of these yarns..."

"...a lovely store with a nice selection of different weights of yarn."

" It's soft and squishy and the colours are amazing."

"...the St. Mary's Bay blue is calling my name. Just need to find the right pattern for the gorgeous yarn."

"The yarn colours are outstanding! As beautiful as they are seeing them online, they are even more beautiful in person."

"...what a gorgeous selection of gorgeous colours! Can't wait to get one of these on the needles."

"I fondled and probably drooled just a little..."

Needless to say, sales in the shop have been brisk and this week alone, through our Etsy Shop, we have shipped yarn to Sweden, Ireland, England, the USA and even Canada!

So if you are a knitter, you owe it to yourself to check out Seawall Fibres!

And now a word to you long suffering non-knitters who know a serious knitter (we'll call it SK). In the words of ex President Clinton, " I feel your Pain!".

When I was in the golf business, I was convinced that golfers were the worst fanatics known to man.
I was wrong.
When I got into the sunglass business I met the surfing community. I thought they were the worst fanatics.
I was wrong.
We sold to bass fishermen. Who but the world's biggest fanatics would spend tens of thousands on a bass boat which is basically an open skiff with a seat in the middle and a honking big motor on the back and then enter a tournament and stuff their fish with lead weights to win?
I was wrong.

I say that because I have now met SK! SK enters a yarn store and starts to drool. Read the above quotes people! SK doesn't just knit yarn, SK has an intimate relationship with it. SK has a "stash" of yarn. If your SK has say, 50 skeins, they can still be saved. I've seen worse- a LOT worse! Vickie's stash is so big that if she dies before me I can sell it and move to Tahiti. Heck I could BUY Tahiti!

So if your SK says "I want to go to The Artist's Mark to look at the yarn, they are LYING! I suggest you bring a good book or hang out with me in the rock shop. In the time it takes SK to fondle every skein in the store before buying (and trust me, SK WILL buy) I can teach you to be a first class lapidary!

Oh, did I mention that rock hounds are the biggest fanatics in the world...?

No comments:

Post a Comment