Thursday 4 May 2023

Milestone Reached!

 About 7 years ago, I started the blog to show people this beautiful part of Nova Scotia called Digby Neck and the art we produced here. As an old geezer, I didn't expect many would take the time to read it.

Boy, was I wrong!

This week, it blew through 90,000 (non bot) page views - a number I never thought possible. It has been read all over the world and I get such satisfaction when visitors come into the shop and say we decided to vacation here after reading your blog. Can I get to 100K? Only time will tell but it better happen soon because I ain't getting any younger!

So what have we been up to recently? Well, yesterday I made Vickie a new case for her phone. She couldn't work the power button with her old case so I tried to use the same design I use for my guitar pic pouches and it worked!



Happy wife, happy life!

We also had a visit from our friends who have a place down the Neck but now live in Maine. They share our passion for rocks and lapidary and brought a few things they had collected while here and I cut a couple for them on my Hi-Tech rock saw. There were some very pleasant surprises. This is why I love cutting rock!



This one has beautiful colour and patterning due to areas of plume and fortification agate. The closer you get, the better it looks!

Then there was this spectacular piece (found by the wife- see, I told you I'd give you credit!).




It was so good I cut it in two directions. The patterning is simply amazing and the limonite gives it such beautiful colour. 

So if you love rocks, come to Digby Neck! And stop by my rock shop- The Lap of Lapidary- and show me your treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment